The Best World Religions Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I believe that one of the best ways to encourage peace among people is to learn about each other and respect our differences. As part of our homeschool curriculum, we include Bible study and studies of world religions.
As we read chapter books about different eras and cultures, we usually end up doing more research to discover different beliefs and customs. From Greek mythology, to the tales of the Cherokee, from the Creation story, to Stillwater the Buddhist panda, we have learned to appreciate what different people believe.
Our list isn’t comprehensive, and there are surely some books we can add. This is a start–if you have any recommendations, please share them with us!
Our favorite world religions books for kids
- The Kids Book of World Religions
- One World, Many Religions: The Ways We Worship
- World Religions: The Great Faiths Explored & Explained
- The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World Religions
- Everyone Prays: Celebrating Faith Around the World
- What Do You Believe? (Big Questions)
- A Faith Like Mine
- Who Made God?
- The Hand That Paints the Sky: Delighting in the Creator’s Canvas
- Zen Shorts (Caldecott Honor Book)
- Where Does God Live?
- Egermeier’s Bible Story Book
- The Dalai Lama: Foreword by His Holiness The Dalai Lama
- The Miracles of Jesus
- The Clown of God
- The Creation Story
- The Creation Story for Children
- The Religions Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained)