The Best Sports Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With a houseful of boys, it’s always some type of sports season at my house, whether it’s on TV or in the backyard. Over the years we’ve had fun finding good books that celebrate my sons’ love of sports.
We have tons of baseball books on our list, and we’ve managed to find some related to commonly known sports like football and soccer, and also some you might not think about like hiking, walking a tightrope, and swimming.
Whatever your sport of choice happens to be, there is bound to be a book that you can share with a child to encourage them to try something new.
What is your favorite sport?
You might also like these posts:
Our favorite sports books for kids
- Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win (Read my review of this fun book here!)
- Casey at the Bat
- Max (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Nate the Great and the Stolen Base
- The Littlest Leaguer (I Can Read Level 1)
- Shoeless Joe & Black Betsy
- The William Hoy Story: How a Deaf Baseball Player Changed the Game
- Poem Runs: Baseball Poems and Paintings
- Curious George Home Run
- Salt in His Shoes: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream
- Learning to Ski with Mr. Magee
- Winners Never Quit!
- Nadia: The Girl Who Couldn’t Sit Still
- Pele, King of Soccer/Pele, El Rey del Futbol
- Franklin Plays the Game
- Grandma Gatewood Hikes the Appalachian Trail
- Jabari Jumps
- Llama Llama Learns to Swim
- Mirette on the High Wire
- My Football Book
- Hooray for Fly Guy! (Fly Guy 6)
- Don’t Throw It to Mo! (Mo Jackson)
- The Berenstain Bears Play Football! (I Can Read Level 1)
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
Click here to see a complete list of our What to Read Wednesday book topics. This is a great resource for planning themed unit studies or for encouraging your child’s current interests!Share this: