The Best Geography Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The “living book” approach to geography is a unique way to engage kids and get them excited about learning.Since I have three boys in vastly different age categories, I have incorporated picture books and other fun hands-on materials into much of our ‘school’ work. The titles below are sure to spark enthusiasm as you learn concepts of maps, landforms, and features of the earth. Don’t underestimate the power of a good picture book to teach–no matter what age your child is!
Free Printable Geography Activity
Click here or on the image above to download our free printable Activity Pack with Geography Story Map activity.
If you have any great geography books for kids to add to our list, let us know in the comments below.
Our favorite geography books for kids
- Geography from A to Z: A Picture Glossary
- Around the World Coloring Book
- There’s a Map on My Lap!: All About Maps
- Maps and Globes
- Me on the Map
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
- Tulip Sees America
- Scrambled States of America & More Stories
- The Librarian Who Measured the Earth
- My America: A Poetry Atlas of the United States
- Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest
- Got Geography!
- Follow That Map!: A First Book of Mapping Skills
- Mapping Penny’s World
- As the Crow Flies: A First Book of Maps
The most popular post from last week was:
- Little Passports – The perfect way to introduce geography to your preschooler! from Syncopated Mama
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
[inlinkz_linkup id=677606 mode=1]