The Best Facts of Life Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
As much as we don’t want to admit it, our kids are growing up every day! They are changing and becoming independent people. Beginning when they are young, you can prepare them for “the talk” that is inevitable. Nature study is actually a wonderful way to introduce these concepts early, and even plants and flowers can teach kids about reproduction, growth, and change.
This week, we’ve got a big list of our favorite facts of life and growing up books for kids. These books are great conversation starters and will help pave the way for more in-depth discussions later on.
Our favorite facts of life books for kids
MY THRIFTED WARDROBE from Unto Adoption
- It’s So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library)
- What’s the Big Secret?: Talking about Sex with Girls and Boys
- The Care and Keeping of You: The Body Book for Younger Girls, Revised Edition
- The Care and Keeping of You 2: The Body Book for Older Girls
- Guy Stuff: The Body Book for Boys
- The Boy’s Body Book: Fourth Edition: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU!
- I Like Myself! (board book)
- I Like Me! (Picture Puffin Books)
- My Big Book of Beginner Books About Me (Beginner Books(R))
- My Book About Me
- When God Made You
- Whatever You Grow Up to Be
- Our Tree Named Steve
- When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old’s Memoir of Her Youth
- Julius, the Baby of the World
- Charlie and the New Baby (Charlie the Ranch Dog)
- The Big Alfie and Annie Rose Storybook
- A Baby Sister for Frances (I Can Read Level 2)
- Babies (So Tall Board Books)
- Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
- On the Night You Were Born
- On the Day You Were Born
- Biscuit and the Baby (My First I Can Read)
- Amelia Bedelia and the Baby (I Can Read Level 2)
- The New Baby
- Just Me and My Little Brother (Little Critter)
- The Berenstain Bears and Baby Makes Five
- The Berenstain Bears’ New Baby
- I’m a Big Brother
- I’m a Big Sister
- A Guide to Being a Big Sister (Olivia TV Tie-in)
- God Gave Us Two
- When You Were Inside Mommy
- What to Expect When Mommy’s Having a Baby (What to Expect Kids)
The most popular post from last week was:
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
By linking up you agree that if your blog post is selected to be featured on any of our hosts’ blogs that we can use an image from your post with a link back to your post.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
Simply copy and paste the code in the gray box below to add our button to your website. Thank you for sharing!