The Best Chicken Books for Kids
In celebration of our love for chickens, we are sharing our favorite chicken books for kids. We love our backyard chickens! We have two girls who provide eggs for us each day. But even more than that, they are loving pets and an ongoing science project! My boys brought eggs home from a field trip to a farm several years ago. Being the homeschoolers that we are, we headed to Tractor Supply for an incubator, and the rest is history!
It has been an amazing experience to watch our babies grow and become laying hens. Chickens are fun to take care of, and ours have sweet dispositions. They even get along with our dog and cats.
If you have any suggestions for us to add to our list, please share!
Our favorite chicken books for kids
- Where Do Chicks Come From? (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)
- Chicks & Chickens
- Daisy Comes Home
- Louise, The Adventures of a Chicken
- A Kid’s Guide to Keeping Chickens: Best Breeds, Creating a Home, Care and Handling, Outdoor Fun, Crafts and Treats
- Chick Days: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Raising Chickens from Hatching to Laying
- Chickens Aren’t the Only Ones (World of Nature Series)
- Rosie’s Walk
- The Little Red Hen (Little Golden Book)
- Hattie and the Fox