The Best Vacation Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
July is almost over, so this is the last ‘hurrah!’ for vacation time before school starts back. Do you vacation in July? As homeschoolers, we actually love to vacation during the ‘off’ season, and our schedule gives us a lot of flexibility. We’d prefer to avoid the crowds, and live vicariously through others with our books in the air-conditioned comfort of home.
Whether you’re headed out on vacation, or just want to be inspired, these books are sure to provide a fun escape. We are sharing our favorites, but if you’ve got one we left off the list, be sure to let us know!
Happy reading! Bon voyage!
Our favorite vacation books for kids
- Adèle & Simon in America (Adele & Simon)
- A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
- Olivia Goes to Venice
- Wish You Were Here
- This Is the World: A Global Treasury
- Madeline in London
- Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea
- Eloise Visits the Zoo
- Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach (My First I Can Read)
- Clam-I-Am!: All About the Beach (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)
- Busy Boats (Amazing Machines)
- Summer (Beginner Books(R))
- The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
- Little Critter: Going to the Sea Park (My First I Can Read)
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Dragonfly Books)
- Curious George Goes Camping
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
Click here to see a complete list of our What to Read Wednesday book topics. This is a great resource for planning themed unit studies or for encouraging your child’s current interests!Share this: