I have the pleasure of exploring the new enhanced eBook from the genius behind Jump Into a Book, Valarie Budayr, and her collaborator Roscoe Welply. The Ultimate Guide to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is chock full of fun, including:
- Over 20 Crafts and Activities that not only entertain, but educate. Ever wonder where chocolate comes from? Or how gum is made? Conduct experiential activities in the areas of crafting, cooking, and game-playing as well as exploring many facets of candy production.
- A story filled with beautiful graphic illustrations including tantalizing Treasure Maps and vibrant tutorials.
- A chance to “meet” original Willy Wonka author himself, Roald Dahl.
- The option to take Charlie’s journey over the course of several days or take shorter journeys if you wish.
- The creation of a new ritual of reading time with your family and the opportunity to experience the reading of this imaginative tale as a group activity, not a solitary event.
The Ultimate Guide to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a truly unique experience; I have never seen anything like it. As I scroll through each page, I am mesmerized by the beautiful graphics and surprised by how much good stuff is packed inside.
My favorite part of the book is that the majority of the activities use items you probably already have or would be able to get at the grocery store, and printable resource sheets are provided. The activities are simple to do, yet creative and relevant to Roald Dahl’s book.
Only another mom would understand the importance of making the ingredients easy to get your hands on, and including all the printable resources you need. She even tells you exactly where and how to set up the activities in your home.
There is background information on topics such as where chocolate comes from and how gum is made to enhance learning, yummy recipes that are explained simply enough for kids to master, along with full-color photographs illustrating each project and topic covered.
The games, crafts, and activities cover language arts, history, science, art, and cooking.
The Ultimate Guide to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a wonderful supplement to reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or for celebrating Roald Dahl day in September. Click here to see a sneak peek for yourself.
The author provided an advance copy for review purposes.