The Best Shark Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fins to the left…Fins to the right…
When I was a kid, the movie Jaws scared the willies out of everyone who saw it. When my cousins came to visit us in Charleston that year, they refused to even put their toes in the ocean! My brother and I thought they were so funny, but we weren’t much braver!
Nowadays, Shark Week is almost like a holiday! Everyone is buzzing about it, and it gives us a good excuse to have fun with shark-themed everything. I still don’t want to run into one on our beach trips, but they are such fascinating creatures to learn about.
Check out our Shark Language Arts Activity Pack
for elementary and middle school ages. Not only will it get your kids into the Shark Week spirit, but it will help keep their language arts skills strong this summer. Have fun!
Our favorite shark books for kids
- Sharks (DK Pockets)
- Sharks Have Six Senses (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
- Sharks (Usborne Beginners)
- Big Shark, Little Shark (Step into Reading)
- Little Shark
- My Little Golden Book About Sharks
- Hark! A Shark!: All About Sharks (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)
- Hungry, Hungry Sharks (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
- How to Draw Incredible Sharks and Other Ocean Giants: Packed with over 80 Creatures of the Sea
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
Click here to see a complete list of our What to Read Wednesday book topics. This is a great resource for planning themed unit studies or for encouraging your child’s current interests!Share this: