The Best Zoo Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Let’s go to the zoo! We are fortunate to have two wonderful zoos in our area, and they are some of our favorite field trip destinations. My kids have loved going to the zoo since they were little–it’s such a fun way to spend the day. I’m sure you know all of the educational benefits of these animal parks, but did you know that you can tie in almost any subject to create a real lesson in your homeschool? We’ve discovered that a membership pass is one of our best homeschool investments, since we can correlate studies in science, history, art, and even English with our visits. If you don’t have access to a zoo, you can still share this fun through some of the best zoo books for kids.
This week, we are sharing our favorite zoo themed books for kids, and we have a fun printable pack for you with a library checklist, story starter cards, and fun zoo themed notebook page. Simply scroll down to download your free printables. The story starter cards offer a fun way to combine a zoo field trip with your language arts lessons. Have fun spending some time at the zoo!
Some other things you might enjoy:
- Forest Books for Kids Printable Nature Study Pack
- Pack a nature study tote
- Make a homemade nature journal
If you have a favorite zoo themed book that we’ve left off our list, please let us know in the comments below. Thank you for stopping by–I’m glad you’re here! 🙂
Free Printable Zoo Story Starter Pack
Click here or on the image below to download our free Zoo Books for Kids & Story Starter Pack.
Our favorite zoo books for kids
- The Complete Zoo Adventure: A Field Trip in a Book
- Zoo Guide: A Bible-Based Handbook to the Zoo
- Animal Helpers: Zoos
- Animal Helpers: Wildlife Rehabilitators
- Astro: The Steller Sea Lion
- Midnight Madness at the Zoo
- What’s New at the Zoo? An Animal Adding Adventure
- ‘Twas the Day Before Zoo Day
- Good Night, Gorilla
- Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
- 1, 2, 3 to the Zoo: A Counting Book
- Color Zoo Board Book
- Put Me in the Zoo (I can read it all by myself’ Beginner Books)
- If I Ran the Zoo (Classic Seuss)
- Sammy the Seal (I Can Read Level 1)
- Curious George Goes to the Zoo with downloadable audio
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee
The most popular post from last week was:
- Together on Tuesday- President’s Day Week from Our Unschooling Journey
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
[inlinkz_linkup id=698555 mode=1]Share this: