The Best Kids’ Books About Babies
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When a new bundle of joy is joining the family, older siblings have lots of questions, and maybe even some fears, about the changes in the household. When my oldest son was expecting his first brother, we read lots of picture books together to help prepare him for the bean’s arrival. Then, a few years later, we welcomed baby #3, and both big brothers were well versed in how to cope.
New mommies worry about how they are going to juggle a new baby and still be able to shower the older child with all the attention they need. Books like these kid’s books about babies go a long way toward making the whole process easier, because they offer reassurance and open the door to discussions with your little one.
If you have a favorite kids’ book about babies that I missed, please share in the comments below. This week’s list includes many of the books we read over and over again. I hope you find something you will enjoy sharing with a child in your life!
Our favorite kids’ books about babies
- Julius, the Baby of the World
- Charlie and the New Baby (Charlie the Ranch Dog)
- The Big Alfie and Annie Rose Storybook
- A Baby Sister for Frances (I Can Read Level 2)
- Eloise Wilkin Stories (Little Golden Book Treasury)
- Click, Clack, Peep! (A Click, Clack Book)
- Babies (So Tall Board Books)
- Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
- On the Night You Were Born
- On the Day You Were Born
- Biscuit and the Baby (My First I Can Read)
- Amelia Bedelia and the Baby (I Can Read Level 2)
- The New Baby
- Just Me and My Little Brother (Little Critter)
- The Berenstain Bears and Baby Makes Five
- The Berenstain Bears’ New Baby
- I’m a Big Brother
- I’m a Big Sister
- A Guide to Being a Big Sister (Olivia TV Tie-in)
- God Gave Us Two
- When You Were Inside Mommy
- What to Expect When Mommy’s Having a Baby (What to Expect Kids)