This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My kids have loved to play ‘dress up’ ever since they were little, so naturally, Halloween is one of their favorite holidays. They start planning their epic costumes months in advance and cannot wait to visit the costume shop when it opens in September.
We focus on the not-so-scary aspects of Halloween each year as we enjoy fun time together as a family exploring the corn maze, picking out the perfect carving pumpkins, and enjoying the cooler weather outside. Our family also loves to get into the spirit of the season with our favorite Halloween books — many we’ve read year after year.
Here are some of our favorite fun Halloween books for kids. These not spooky titles are fun for various ages. My kids look forward to these each year as I pull them out on October 1st for month-long reading.
Our favorite Halloween books
- It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown 50th Anniversary Edition
- It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (If You Give…)
- Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet
- Let’s Shine Jesus’ Light on Halloween
- The Pumpkin Patch Parable: Special Edition
- Eek! Halloween!
- Spooky Pookie
- Duck & Goose, Find a Pumpkin
- Little Blue Truck’s Halloween
- The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Eye
- Clifford’s Halloween
- Max’s Halloween
- Pumpkin Patch Blessings
- P Is for Pumpkin: God’s Harvest Alphabet
- The Berenstain Bears’ Harvest Festival
- The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat