The Best Books About Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Since What to Read Wednesday is all about books, this week we are celebrating books about books! As homeschoolers, we have acquired a ton of books over the years. Through What to Read Wednesday, I’ve been able to catalog a bunch of them by theme, with still more to come.
I think my love for books has rubbed off on my kids, because they all have a stack of favorites spilling off the bookshelves in their own rooms. Some of my choices of books about books are all time favorites at my house, so check out the list below and see if you find something you and your kids will enjoy. If you have any suggestions to add to our list, please share them in the comments.
Free Printable Book Activity Pack
Click here or on the image below to download a free book activity pack with library checklist, parts of a book worksheet, library scavenger hunt, and more!
Our favorite books about books for kids
- The Library
- That Book Woman
- Edward and the Pirates
- Edward in the Jungle
- Library Lion
- We Are in a Book! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
- The Monster at the End of This Book
- Another Monster at the End of This Book
- Julio Bunny Goes to the Library
- How a Book Is Made (Reading Rainbow Book)
- Amelia Bedelia, Bookworm (I Can Read Level 2)
- Bunny’s Book Club
- The Journey That Saved Curious George: The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey
- Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear
- Froggy Goes to the Library
- The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- The Red Book (Caldecott Honor Book)
- Thank You, Mr. Falker
For older readers:
The most popular post from last week was:
- Animal Farm Activities for Learning (with printables) from Lit Mama Homeschool
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
[inlinkz_linkup id=698564 mode=1]Share this: