This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Best Summer Books for Kids
To us, summer is all about sweltering humid days, thunderstorms, beach vacations, exploring creeks and nature trails, camping out, and visiting air conditioned museums and movie theaters. It’s also about having extra time to snuggle up with a good book and explore new worlds together.
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite summer books below. These are all books from our shelves, most of which we’ve read over and over again. Please share your favorites with us so we can add them to our list.
While you’re here, be sure to add your family friendly links below so we can check out your blog.
Our Favorite Summer Themed Books
- A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
- Roller Coaster
- The Pink House
- Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don’t Let the Bedbugs Bite!
- Thunder Cake
- The Storm Book
- The Raft
- Great Carp Escape, The
- Tar Beach
- When the Sky is Like Lace
- Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night (Ready-to-Read, Level 2)
- Henry and Mudge in the Green Time
- The Moffat Museum
- The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, No. 1) (Boxcar Children Mysteries)
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Treasure at Pelican Cove Booklinks Set
- Henry Reed’s Babysitting Service (Puffin Book)
- The Summer of the Swans
- One Crazy Summer
- Okay for Now
The most popular post from last week was:
- My Summer Reads from Our Unschooling Journey Through Life
And now for the link up!
This list has our topics for 2016, but you don’t have to stick to that, any family-friendly posts are welcome.
Our hosts will still share a themed selection each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host in the new year, please contact Anne.
Anne @ Learning Table
Dawnita @ Prairie Dust Trail
Leah @ Sandy Toes Creations
Crystal @ Castle View Academy
Linking back is appreciated!
*Just copy the code in the box above and paste it into your post or on your sidebar. Thanks for linking up!
[inlinkz_linkup id=640658 mode=1]