The Best Rainbow Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For a rainbow to appear in the sky, something special happens with light. When sunlight passes through water droplets in the air, the light waves bend, which is refraction. When the light refracts, it separates into the colors we see. We’ve been chasing rainbows–want to come along?
Rainbow Activities to Do With Your Kids
- Learn how to make a rainbow in our Sunny Day Nature Study post.
- Create a pretty rainbow leaves painting.
- Meet Roy G. Biv in Discovering Color and Light.
Our Favorite Rainbow Books for Kids
- A Rainbow of My Own
- Planting a Rainbow
- What Makes a Rainbow?: A Magic Ribbon Book
- The Rainbow Fish
- Noah’s Ark (Picture Yearling Book)
- Noah’s Ark
- Noah’s Ark (Caldecott Honor Book)
- All the Colors of the Rainbow (Rookie Read-About Science (Paperback))
The most popular post from last week’s link up was:
- Read Aloud Activities for Keeping Hands Active While Listening from My Life’s Work
And now for the link up!
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
Katie @ Paradise Praises
Tara @ Embark on the Journey
Dawnita @ Prairie Dust Trail
Anne @ Learning Table
Jeanae @ Just Jeanae
Beth @ Classes by Beth