Children’s Books About Family
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This year, our extended family took a much-needed vacation together for the first time in years. This time away together was memorable for sure, with lots of mishaps and some crazy bad luck, but also with lots of time to chill out together over a puzzle, to eat together, and to create our family ‘story.’ Our family story is all the shared experiences, memories, and inside jokes. It is all the heartaches, the laughter, and the love day after day and year after year.
Join us as we celebrate family with some of our favorite books, and add your suggestions in the comments below.
Our Favorite Books About Family
- The Pink House
- Our Tree Named Steve
- The Relatives Came
- Grandfather’s Journey
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Are You My Mother? (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
- A Chair for My Mother 25th Anniversary Edition (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Tikki Tikki Tembo
- The Runaway Bunny
- All About Alfie: A Celebratory Collection of New Stories
- Eloise Wilkin Stories (Little Golden Book Treasury)
- The Storm (The Lighthouse Family)
- The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, No. 1) (Boxcar Children Mysteries)
- The Summer of the Swans
- Cheaper by the Dozen (Perennial Classics)
- The Little House (9 Volumes Set)
- The Moffats
- Grandma’s Attic Treasury
- The Swiss Family Robinson (Puffin Classics)
The most popular post from last week was:
- Butterflies and Butterfly Books from Our Unschooling Journey
And now for the link up!
This list has our topics for 2016, but you don’t have to stick to that, any family-friendly posts are welcome.
Our hosts will still share a themed selection each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host in the new year, please contact Anne.
Anne @ Learning Table
Dawnita @ Prairie Dust Trail
Leah @ Sandy Toes Creations
Crystal @ Castle View Academy
[inlinkz_linkup id=638671 mode=1]Share this: