This blog uses referral links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There are so many features of the NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible that make it special! This Bible is our go-to resource for our high school homeschool history, fine arts, and Bible studies!
With thousands of verse-by-verse and passage-by-passage comments from the church’s greatest teachers and thinkers, the NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible provides hours of opportunities for study.
Writers include both ancient and modern people, including: John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, Augustine, John Wesley, Timothy Keller, Matthew Henry, Billy Graham, A.W. Tozer, C.S. Lewis, Henry Halley, Martin Luther, N.T. Wright, Jack Hayford, John Bunyan, Eugene Peterson, Jerome, Warren Wiersbe, R.C. Sproul, Ulrich Zwingli, D.L Moody, William Tyndale, D.A. Carson, John Knox, Scot McKnight, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Soren Kierkegaard, and John Chrysostom.
A wonderful feature of this Bible is the sacred art, inspired by the Bible through the centuries, including the works of Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Rembrandt, Gustave Dore, Christian Rohlfs, and Makoto Fujimura. This section makes this Bible transition easily into our homeschool curriculum for history and art studies.
Special features of the Ancient-Modern Bible:
- Full-color design that uniquely blends cutting edge modern typography and layout with traditional, sacred elements
- Bible commentary from church thinkers past and present, from Huss to Keller, from Chrysostom to Spurgeon, from Aquinas to Wright
- Biographies of church leaders & thinkers
- Doctrine and history articles on significant councils, creeds, and controversies
- Sacred art from throughout church history
- Easy-to-read 8.5-point font
The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible is beautifully designed, and there are wide margins for journaling and notes. The slipcase is an especially nice feature, as is the modern white and gold color scheme. My son enjoys using this Bible as a resource for his studies.
The publisher provided a review copy of NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible.Share this: