Intriguing Insights to Inform Your Faith
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bible study is a vital part of our homeschool, and we have used many resources over the years to help integrate Bible as a complete course each year. As my kids have gotten older, their need for quality age-appropriate resources has grown. After discovering the NIV, Faithlife Study Bible, I have added it to my high schooler’s curriculum. It is so all-inclusive, that it can serve as a stand-alone ‘textbook’ for Bible study.
The Faithlife Bible is a wonderful tool simply for Bible reading, but for Bible study, it contains everything any student could need. The format is perfect–extensive notes appear on each page, and the graphics illustrating relevant places and things appear on the pages where those items are mentioned. There are numerous timelines and maps, as well. We find ourselves referring to this resource again and again for our Bible, History, Literature, and even Science lessons.
The clear, large font also adds to the usefulness of this edition as a study tool, because it is easy on the eyes and has room on the page for note-taking. Although a wonderful resource for adults, I really can’t emphasize enough how valuable Faithlife is for young adults, from high school through college. We have several Bibles on our bookshelves to compare, and this one is really special.
Some features that make Faithlife Study Bible a valuable part of our curriculum:
- In-depth book introductions with outlines, structure, themes, maps, and timelines
- Verse-by-verse study notes
- Commentary by respected Bible scholars
- Over 100 innovative full-color graphics
- Detailed life of Jesus event timelines
- Family trees and people diagrams
- Detailed tables of contents for the books, visuals, and articles
- Concordance containing alphabetical list of 2474 word entries, more than 10,000 Scripture references, and 155 biographical entries.
The NIV Faithlife Study Bible is a hefty volume, but it’s up-to-date style of graphics, fonts, and layout, along with its numerous features are worth its weight.
The publisher provided a review copy of NIV Faithlife Study Bible.Share this: