The Best Medieval Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Learning about Medieval times with picture books is a great way to introduce young kids to this historical topic. Who can resist finding out about kings and queens, and castles and knights, and even a dragon or two?
It’s never too early to introduce young students to the works of William Shakespeare. And Medieval history is full of adventure and intrigue–definitely the makings of a good story. This book list is a perfect accompaniment to a unit study or a field trip to a museum or a Shakespeare play. Enjoy!
Check out our free printable Hamlet activity pack for young kids.
You might also like:
See what Mia and her crew are doing to cure their Summer Camp Hangover & Library Woes.
Our favorite Medieval books for kids
- The Clown of God
- The Apple and the Arrow
- A Medieval Feast (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Good Queen Bess : The Story of Elizabeth I of England
- William Shakespeare & the Globe (Trophy Picture Books (Paperback))
- Bard of Avon: The Story of William Shakespeare
- Ms. Frizzle’s Adventures: Medieval Castle
- Knights and Castles (Usborne First Reading. Level Four)
- Martin Luther: A Man Who Changed the World
- Saint George and the Dragon
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
Click here to see a complete list of our What to Read Wednesday book topics. This is a great resource for planning themed unit studies or for