We’re participating in the Great American Postcard Swap with other homeschool families, sending out postcards all over the country, and hopefully receiving 50 in all!
Some facts about Georgia
- The Peach State is the home of Coca-Cola, and you can take a virtual tour of the World of Coke. Pharmacist John Stith Pemberton invented Coca-Cola in 1886, and it originally contained wine!
- Stone Mountain, Georgia is the location of the world’s largest high-relief sculpture, the Confederate Memorial Carving.
- There is also some pirate lore associated with Georgia, and Blackbeard Island may still contain some lost treasure.
Books and Resources
- We learned a lot about pirates from the Magic Tree House Pirates guide and from the teacher resources on their site.
- Some of our favorite pirate books are Edward and the Pirates, How I Became a Pirate!, and the visual museum of information in DK’s Eyewitness Pirate. My boys are particularly interested in the pirate history of Georgia, so we spent a good bit of time learning more about them for our Georgia notebooking pages.
- This site has Georgia learning games, videos, and printables.
- Find coloring pages here, including a Georgia stamp, maps, and state quarter.
We’re participating in the Great American Postcard Swap!