This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A good coloring book offers a much needed respite for busy, tired moms to inspire creativity and quiet reflection. Everything Beautiful: A Coloring Book for Reflection and Inspiration is a perfect way to spend that quiet time while reflecting on “the beauty our God has fashioned in creation, in one another, and in his grace.”
I am picky about quality when it comes to my precious and limited time alone with a book. As a busy homeschool mom, most of my book time is spent preparing for lessons. So, books for pleasure are at a premium in my house. I am a creative person, but I also don’t have much time for crafting in this season of my life. A pre-formatted coloring book is a wonderful resource for me.
Everything Beautiful has many features that make it a stellar choice for spending time with:
- Pages are perforated for easy removal. And, there are quotes, poems, and Scripture verses on the back side of each picture to give you a little something extra to enjoy.
- The size is a nice square 9 1/2″, so the book is still easily portable. Yet, the finished pictures are large enough to display if you desire.
- Featured quotes either come from Scripture or from favorite Christian authors like Becky Wade, Jen Hatmaker, Joni Eareckson Tada, and even Helen Keller, C. S. Lewis, and Harriet Beecher Stowe.
- The pictures have lots of details, and they ‘last’ awhile and take some thought and time to color.
- Picture designs are really gorgeous. The cover of the book gives a good example of the style of the artwork–kind of modern, yet with a feminine, classic feel.
Everything Beautiful is at the top of my list for holiday gift-giving this year. I know several busy moms who will appreciate it. An extra special feature–the publisher includes a link to a Spotify playlist for help setting the perfect mood for time with the book.
The publisher provided a review copy of Everything Beautiful.