This month, the summer aisles in the stores are being revamped, and the school supplies are coming out! Is it that time already? I must admit–we have a weakness for new school supplies. My kids and I love to check out all the cool new things from backpacks and lunchboxes to notebooks and pens. Although we don’t need too many supplies, especially not the backpacks and lunchboxes, it’s always fun to browse. And, who doesn’t love a new notebook? Our favorites to shop for are fresh new Ticonderoga pencils and Flair pens. All the cute character folders and notebookss are irresistible, too. Math is much more fun in a Minion notebook!
With back-to-school approaching, I want to share some perks I’ve discovered that educators (including home educators) can get. All you have to do is ask at most places, and show an ID, such as an accountability association or homeschool support group card to get most discounts.
Many stores will issue a card or key tag, while others simply want to see your ID when you make a purchase. Some of these rewards will be an immediate discount on your purchase, while others use a point system and issue coupons after you build up a certain amount. Staples will email you coupons for things like free printer paper from time to time.
If you need new clothes, J.Crew give discounts on regular priced items, even if you are buying men’s or kid’s clothes.
Our Favorite Educator Rewards
- Apple Store–Education pricing for products and accessories.
- Banana Republic--15% off full-priced purchases.
- Barnes and Noble–20% off purchases for classroom use, plus special perks during Educator Appreciation Days.
- FedEx Office–15% off most products and services at participating FedEx offices nationwide.
- J.Crew and J.Crew Factory–15% off full price in-store purchases.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft–15% off every purchase.
- LOFT–LOFT Loves Teachers 15% off full price purchases.
- Michaels–15% off entire purchase.
- Staples–5% back in rewards, plus 10% back on teaching and art supplies.
- Talbots–15% discount is valid on full-priced merchandise only in stores.
*This list is accurate as of this posting, but check with individual retailers to get all the details of what they offer. If you know of any other businesses that offer teacher rewards, please add them in the comments!