5 Easy Ways to Support Your School
#Walmart #simplesavingsrealsuccess #BuyClipSendEarn
With back-to-school time in full swing, we are planning ways to help support our local school. As a former classroom teacher, I remember what it was like to have to budget for supplies, and my paycheck only stretched so far. I am thankful for companies like Walmart and General Mills that give back to our schools and make many programs possible.
One thing I found most difficult in providing for my classroom was rationing printer paper and reusing sets of tests and other in-class worksheets. My one pack of paper issued at the beginning of the year didn’t go far. There were many supplies I spent my own money to provide for my classroom. Teachers have many things to deal with each day, and having enough basic supplies should not be one of them.
Now that I’m homeschooling my own kids, we try to find ways to support other teachers. It’s actually very easy to help support your school. And, you don’t always have to spend extra money to do it!
Here are 5 Easy Ways to Support Your School
- Walmart is exclusively offering 5-for-1 BOX TOPS to help teachers get the tools they need when you purchase featured General Mills products. Simply look for products you would normally buy that feature this offer, and clip and save the BOX TOPS to pass along to your local school.
- When you do your shopping, pick up an extra item or two to donate to a teacher. Pencils, pens, printer paper, tissues, and hand sanitizer are always needed.
- If you have gently used books that your kids have outgrown, consider giving them to your school library.
- Attend athletic events at your local school. You will not only be sharing your school spirit, but your ticket and concessions purchases help fund awesome programs.
- Offer your time. Some ideas include volunteering in your child’s classroom or school library, participating a school grounds clean up day, hosting a field trip to your workplace, or being a chaperone on a school trip.
To help you start saving BOX TOPS, we are giving away one $15 Walmart Gift Card.
Simply enter using the form below!