Books About Thanksgiving
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Thanksgiving season is a wonderful time to teach children about the virtue of gratitude. Even at a young age, kids can learn how to express thankfulness, especially through the examples in Thanksgiving books that demonstrate this virtue. Our collection this week includes books about celebrating gratitude as well as books about the meaning of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Have fun learning more about gratitude and the Thanksgiving holiday with your child!
Our favorite Thanksgiving books for kids
- We Gather Together…Now Please Get Lost!
- The Thanksgiving Story
- Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving
- Sarah Morton’s Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Girl
- Samuel Eaton’s Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Boy
- Three Young Pilgrims
- Happy Thanksgiving, Curious George tabbed board book
- Balloons over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy’s Parade
- The First Thanksgiving (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
- Nate the Great Talks Turkey
- Molly’s Pilgrim
The most popular post from last week was:
- Chickens at the Crossroads from Living Our Days
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML