The Best Math Books for Kids
This blog uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I admit…math is not my favorite thing. I try to keep an upbeat attitude around my kids, but I still struggle to understand math concepts or to work with numbers. I think if I had better math experiences as a child, I would enjoy it more now. So, one thing I have done with my kids is to incorporate math into other activities we enjoy, with hands on projects like art activities, keeping score in games, counting money, and reading math themed books aloud.
This week, I’m sharing some of our favorite math books for kids that are sure to make math more enjoyable for any age. If you have any recommendations for me, please leave your suggestions in the comments. Be sure to scroll down and link up one of your posts so I can pay you a visit!
Our favorite math books for kids
- Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide (Big Fat Notebooks)
- My Half Day
- My Even Day
- One Odd Day
- Math Curse
- How Much Is a Million? 20th Anniversary Edition (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Sir Cumference and All the King’s Tens: A Math Adventure
- Anno’s Mysterious Multiplying Jar
- The Doorbell Rang
- Only One
- Reese’s Pieces Count By Fives
- One Grain Of Rice: A Mathematical Folktale
- Brown Paper School book: Math for Smarty Pants
- Knots on a Counting Rope (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Inch by Inch
- The Librarian Who Measured the Earth
- Fibonacci Zoo
- Multiply on the Fly
- Math-terpieces: The Art of Problem-Solving
- The Grapes Of Math
The most popular post from last week was:
Viewing a Solar Eclipse With Children from Castle View Academy
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
By linking up you agree that if your blog post is selected to be featured on any of our hosts’ blogs that we can use an image from your post with a link back to your post.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
What to Read Wednesday is hosted on these fabulous blogs:
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
Simply copy and paste the code in the gray box below to add our button to your website. Thank you for sharing!