This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A Year of Monkeys
2016 is the Chinese year of the monkey, and we’re sharing our favorite monkey themed books to keep the fun going all year long. At our house, we’ve had a lot of unusual pets, but never a monkey–although our oldest son has been asking for one since he was little. I don’t think I’m ready for a pet that could get into SO much trouble. Instead, we’ll enjoy reading about Curious George’s exploits and hunting for Bananas Gorilla in Richard Scarry’s Busy Busy Town. If you want to tie in some history, don’t miss the story of how H. A. and Margret Rey fled their home on bicycles in wartime Paris, carrying their children’s book manuscripts with them.
Do you have any monkey themed books to add to our list? Feel free to add them in the comments below.
Our favorite books about monkeys
- The Complete Adventures of Curious George: 70th Anniversary Edition
- Good Night, Gorilla
- The Journey That Saved Curious George: The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb (Bright & Early Board Books)
- Me . . . Jane
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (A Five Little Monkeys Story)
- Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business
- Little Gorilla
- Koko’s Kitten (Reading Rainbow Books)
- Monkey and Me
- Richard Scarry’s Busy, Busy Town
- The One and Only Ivan
- Summer of the Monkeys
The most popular post from last week was:
- 18 Weather Books for Young Readers from Homeschool Preschool
And now for the link up!
This list has our topics for 2016, but you don’t have to stick to that, any family-friendly posts are welcome.
Our hosts will still share a themed selection each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host in the new year, please contact Anne.
Anne @ Learning Table
Dawnita @ Prairie Dust Trail
Leah @ Sandy Toes Creations