Books that demonstrate what true friendship means teach kids empathy, sharing, communication skills, acceptance, and much more.
Below, we are sharing some of our favorite books with the theme of friendship for a wide range of ages, and we’d love to know what you would add to the list. Be sure to add you favorites in the comments below! While you’re here, add your family-friendly links to the link-up.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our Favorite Books About Friendship
- A Friend Is Someone Who Likes You
- You Are My Sunshine (Toot & Puddle)
- Frog and Toad Are Friends
- Chester’s Way
- My New Friend Is So Fun! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
- Charlotte’s Web
- Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship
- The Hundred Dresses
- The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh
- The Storm (The Lighthouse Family)
- Henry And Mudge And Annies Good Move
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Bake the Cake
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Bridge to Terabithia
- The Gift of Nothing
- Just My Friend & Me
- Amos & Boris
The most popular posts from last week’s link up were:
- 50 Fun Ways to Practice Spelling Words from My Life’s Work; One Mom’s Journey
- Read Across the USA from Gypsy Road
And now for the link up!
This list has our topics for 2016, but you don’t have to stick to that, anything reading and family related is welcome
Our hosts will still share a themed selection each week, but our link up will be for anything literature related and family friendly – always.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host in the new year, please contact Katie.
Katie @ Paradise Praises
Tara @ Embark on the Journey
Dawnita @ Prairie Dust Trail
Anne @ Learning Table
Jeanae @ Just Jeanae
Beth @ Classes by Beth